The City of London Corporation’s governing Court of Common Council today welcomed the appointment of eight new senior officers and formally confirmed the appointment of the first woman as Chamberlain, the Corporation’s Chief Financial Officer, since the post was created in 1237.
Chair of the Establishment Committee Edward Lord said it delivered an aspiration to select the best candidates for each job and diversify the senior management team as six of nine new senior officers are women and two are people of colour.
The new members of the City Corporation’s top team, which will be led by Town Clerk & Chief Executive, John Barradell, and who were appointed after an exhaustive search and selection process including a wide public advertising campaign are:
- Chamberlain & Chief Financial Officer: Caroline Al-Beyerty
- Deputy Town Clerk & Chief Executive: Douglas Trainer
- Chief Operating Officer: Emma Moore
- Chief Strategy Officer: Dionne Corradine
- Executive Director, Environment: Juliemma McLoughlin
- Executive Director, Human Resources: Ruth Bailey
- Executive Director, Private Secretary to the Lord Mayor: Caroline Jack
- Executive Director, Private Secretary to the Chair of the Policy & Resources Committee: Aaron Downey
- Markets Director: Ben Milligan
Commenting on the appointments, Edward Lord, Chair of the City Corporation’s Establishment Committee, which led the recruitment exercise, said:
I am delighted that we have attracted exceptionally talented individuals to fill these vital roles.
They will form an amazing team, working alongside elected Members, the Town Clerk, and other senior managers, to deliver transformational change to the world’s oldest municipal democracy.
I am especially proud that we have delivered our commitment to diversify the Corporation’s top team and that, in selecting the best candidates, we have recruited six women into these nine roles, and two people of colour.
Town Clerk and Chief Executive of the City of London Corporation, John Barradell, said:
I look forward to working with our new senior leaders at what is an exciting and pivotal moment for the City Corporation.
These appointments build on an already strong and committed team, and will help us be more agile, responsive and able to make the best use of our resources to create a vibrant and thriving City, supporting a diverse and sustainable London within a globally-successful country.