Livery Professionals supporting the work of the City
The Financial Services Group of Livery Companies was founded in 2006 to coordinate the efforts of its members in supporting the Lord Mayor, the Court of Aldermen and the City of London Corporation in promoting the City of London financial and business services sector.
Today we help the Lord Mayor not in only in this capacity, but we also organise events which are helpful to the FSG’s Member Companies and indeed to the Livery in general. We are now 13 Livery Companies, with The Guild of Investment Managers having held Observer Status since 2019. We are the largest such group in the Livery. We meet formally four times a year to exchange views and organise our series of events.
We can act also as a gateway for those wishing to establish businesses in the City or who require professional and financial services in their country of operation.
The current Chairman of the Financial Services Group of Livery Companies is Mr. Andrew Marsden. Andrew is an elected Member of the Livery Committee which facilitates the relationships between the Corporation, Mayoralty and the 112 Livery Companies and Guilds; He is a Past Master of the Worshipful Company of Marketors, is Junior Warden of the World Traders Company and a Liveryman of the Stationers and the Glaziers Companies.
Some of our recent events include:
The Annual Lectures:
- ‘Rethinking Reputational Risk’ by Anthony Fitzsimmons
- ‘Connected Cities in a Disconnected World’ – a panel discussion including HE The High Commissioner of Singapore
The Sheriff’s Challenge:
- Originated by the FSG in 2017, this public speaking competition is for Year 12 students from London schools with the Final being held at the Old Bailey, judged by Old Bailey Judges and the Sheriffs.
- ‘The Roles and Responsibilities of Charity Trustees’
- ‘The Financial Aspects of Running the Finances of a Livery Company’
- eg The FSG visit to 5 Cities in China in August 2019
- ‘Security & Safety Advice to home workers, small businesses, and charities during the Covid-19 crisis’
- ‘The Security and impact of Blockchain’
We are always interested to discuss any matters related to helping promoting the financial and professional services sector of the City
Secretary: Geoffrey Hunter – firstname.lastname@example.org